We all know we have a piece of furniture that was from our younger years that you don't want to part with but don't love. Instead of sending it to the curb you can turn that old simple piece into a show stopper with the help of the Wagner FLEXiO 2000. The FLEXiO 2000 is my go-to sprayer for everything from furniture flips to painting rooms and big outdoor projects. I love that you can add a Detail Finish Nozzle to do specialty work like the stenciled pattern I created on the top of the dresser. Check out the step by step process below plus tips for flipping furniture.
The FLEXiO 2000 is great for furniture projects and larger projects like staining your deck/fence or painting a room. It literally will cut your painting time in half! Visit Wagner's website to watch a video and learn more about this model and all the other models to figure out which one will work best for your project.
Project Time: 4-6 hours (including dry time)
1. Remove the drawers from the dresser.
2. Since the dresser was made out of particle board there was no need to sand it. I wiped all the dirt and dust from the dresser and drawers. I then sprayed the dresser and drawers with a primer. Let the primer dry completely before painting.
3. Next, it is time to assemble the FLEXiO 2000. Make sure you refer to the instructions when assembling.
4. Fill the material container about 3/4 full of paint. Secure the material container to the FLEXiO 2000.
5. I always test out the spray intensity before using it on my project. The project includes a test sheet of paper or you can use a piece of cardboard.
6. Refer to this guide when spraying so you set the air cap ears appropriately.
7. When spraying hold the gun 6-8 inches from the project and spray in sweeping motions.
8. The paint will determine how many coats you need. For this project, I needed two coats of paint and then did a few touch-ups once it was dry.
9. As soon as you are done painting make sure to read the cleaning instructions and fully clean the FLEXiO 2000.
10. Next, I added the paint I wanted to stencil with to the basin and attached the Detail Finish Nozzle to the FLEXiO 2000.
11. When you are stenciling make sure that the stencil is flat against the surface. Painters tape can help hold it in place. Also, make sure that you cover the exposed areas from overspray.
12. Hold the sprayer 6-8 inches away and glide the gun in sweeping motions over the stencils.
13. As soon as you cover the entire stencil remove it. You never want the paint to dry with the stencil in place.
14. Make sure to check the back of the stencil and wipe any excess paint.
15. Make sure to line up the stencil before securing it with painters tape.
16. Once you are done stenciling let the table top completely dry and be sure to properly clean the FLEXiO 2000 per the instructions.
17. Next, use a drill and add the drawer pulls to each drawer.
And the big reveal.........
From drab to fab in one day! I love how such simple easy steps turned this dresser into a show stopper!
If you want more easy furniture flip inspiration check out my other projects: Porch Flip, Outdoor Table Flip, Bar Table Flip, and Antique Table & Chairs Makeover.
See more creative projects using the Wagner Sprayers: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest
This is a sponsored post with Wagner SprayTech but all project ideas, images, and opinions are my own!