Tester IIApply Now
The individual in this role performs testing, assembly, and packaging operations.
- Performs sub-assembly, final assembly, and packaging of electric and gasoline powered piston drive units.
- May use a test bench to perform unit performance testing; identifies and repairs unit failures and completes process control charts.
- Operates a variety of shop machinery and hand held tools such as presses, custom tooling, air drivers and torque wrenches to complete work orders.
- Packs units with appropriate manual and accessories and conducts final quality checks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- Post-secondary education in electronics or hydraulics or related field preferred
- Must have at least one year of related experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple and complex instructions, assembly aids, blue prints and diagrams, and follow written and verbal directions.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations such as to adding, subtracting, and dividing using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Knowledge of and skill using Microsoft Office applications and ERP systems
- Ability to perform simple and complex repetitive tasks for long periods of time.
- Effective oral and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge of the standard methods used to pack and unpack materials and supplies from trucks, containers and racking/shelving.
- Ability to listen and be aware of production floor activity to support a safe and hazard free working environment.
- Ability to be objective and flexible in adapting to changes in priorities, work assignments and other interactions that may impact pre-established courses of action for completing projects and assignments.
- Ability to work extended hours and/or varying shifts as requested in order to maintain adequate coverage during hours of operation. • Knowledge of Lean and Kaizen methods and practices and standard production safety protocol.