Shipping ClerkApply Now
Responsible for ensuring the right products and materials are delivered to the right location on time, to the quality required and in the most cost effective way. Key member of the team that oversees the distribution and transportation of goods form our facility and manufacturers to our customers.
- The Shipping Clerk verifies and keeps records of all incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials
- Manage reports and shipping logs
- Process outgoing shipments into computerized shipping software, SAP
- “Pulls and Picks” material and equipment from inventory to fulfil customer orders
- Reads customer orders, Bills of Material, work orders, shipping lists, requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, packaged, distributed and/or shipped.
- Load/Unload trucks as needed and ensures zero damage to the freight during transit.
- Examines content of received and ready to ship goods and compares them with various records, such as manifests, invoices, ship lists and Bills of Material to verify the accuracy of incoming and/or outgoing shipments.
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts. Provides shipping improvement feedback to the shipping and logistics manager. Contributes to WSI’s goal of operational excellence with zero errors and optimum efficiency.
- Create and ensure the accuracy of packing slips and other documentation as needed.
- Properly store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
- Packages items to minimize damage during shipment.
- Applies appropriate labels (Fragile, This Side Up, etc.) and accurate address information with to all packages to be shipped.
- Associates Degree in Business or equivalent industry experience.
- 4+ years of warehouse/inventory experience is required
- 2+ years experience with shipping companies such as FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc.
- Forklift and overhead crane (5 Ton) certified through accredited association or group OSHA 10 Hr. certified
- Proficient in English, oral and written communications Basic math skills Basic understanding of SAP as it relates to the logistics and shipping disciplines described above.
- Intermediate skill in Microsoft Office 2016, Word, Excel, etc.