Quality FacilitatorApply Now
The individual in this role monitors production components, assemblies and processes to ensure conformance to prescribed requirements and drives continuous improvement.
- Audits production processes and prepares detailed work instructions for audits of completed assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Inspects component parts and assemblies using a variety of precision measurement tools.
- Prepares reports summarizing production audits and testing and generates First Article Inspection reports.
- Documents and controls movements of non-conforming material.
- Investigates non-conformance to find root cause of failures or problems and determines process improvements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED); post-secondary education or certification in a technical field preferred.
- Must have at least three years of related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and use of precision measuring equipment.
- Knowledge of root cause analysis and basic statistics.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple and complex instructions, assembly aids, blue prints and diagrams, and follow written and verbal directions.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations such as to adding, subtracting, and dividing using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Knowledge of and skill using Microsoft Office applications and ERP systems.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to listen and be aware of production floor activity to support a safe and hazard free working environment.
- Ability to be objective and flexible in adapting to changes in priorities, work assignments and other interactions that may impact pre-established courses of action for completing projects and assignments.
- Ability to work extended hours and/or varying shifts as requested in order to maintain adequate coverage during hours of operation.
- Knowledge of Lean and Kaizan methods and practices and standard production safety protocol.