Download job details in PDF FormatApply Now
The primary function of the Production Assembler is to perform all necessary mechanical activities required to build and assemble standard and custom equipment to support customer orders. We’re looking for dedicated individual who always shows up for work on time and who thrives in a team-oriented environment. WSI builds Powder Painting Booths (Enclosures) and associated equipment that require careful and precise assembly pre-fabricated components. Some additional fabrication is required in-house. A typical orders consists of plastic wall panels to build enclosures, metal paneling and support frames, metal tanks, platforms and hand railing, ductwork, pneumatic piping assemblies and other miscellaneous equipment.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint, specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Positions parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed component.
- Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
- Operates equipment safely – Ironworker, band saw, drill press, cutting torch, grinders, welding machines, fork lifts, cranes, aerial work platform, etc.
- Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts. Provides manufacturing feedback to engineering in the form of red lined documents to update and correct errors within engineered drawings and B.O.M’s. Contributes to WSI’s goal of operational excellence with zero errors and zero re-work.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Willing to travel to customers sites, as needed, to assemble and build and/or supervise equipment installations is required (5% of the time).
- 3 years of machinery assembly, sheet metal fabrication, metal welding (MIG & TIG) and pipefitting experience.
- Ability to seam weld type 2 PVC plastic joints with high strength rod is highly desirable.
- Ability to read schematics preferred. Ability to supervise others preferred. Forklift Certified preferred