Maintenance MechanicApply Now
The individual in this role maintains the production and warehouse mechanical equipment.
- Foster teamwork including sharing information and helping team members
- Install, maintain and repair a variety of mechanical equipment used in production.
- Checks and monitor mechanical equipment to ensure compliance with equipment requirements.
- Perform regular and preventative maintenance on installed mechanical equipment.
- Designs, fabricates and installs guarding in consultation with Production Managers and Supervisors.
- Troubleshoots, repairs and maintains production equipment.
- Researches and recommends parts or equipment needed to complete projects.
- Directs and assists with the work activities of outside contractors when performing mechanical work.
- Maintains records such as preventative maintenance reports, service requests, expenditures, and equipment status.
- Support interior and exterior building and grounds, along with office maintenance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Two year degree in mechanical, or electro-mechanical preferred
- Must have at least one years of related experience, a valid class D drivers license, and a forklift and man lift experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple and complex instructions and follow written and verbal directions.her with the use of drawings, specifications, charts, tables, and handbook formulas.
- Use of trade mathematics together with the use of drawings, specifications, charts, tables, and handbook formulas.
- Effective oral and written communication skills including the use of Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Applied knowledge of basic electronics, fabrication plumbing and welding.
- Ability to operate manual and powered equipment and small hand tools.
- Ability to diagnose, repair and maintain manufacturing equipment.
- Ability to listen and be aware of production floor activity to support a safe and hazard free working environment.
- Ability to work extended hours and/or varying shifts as requested in order to maintain adequate coverage during hours of operation.
- Knowledge of Lean and Kaizen methods and practices and standard production safety protocol.