Download job details in PDF FormatApply Now
Responsible for, plans and directs all aspects of mechanical and electrical engineering activity to ensure all company, project and departmental goals are met.
Ensures project objectives, deliverables and timelines are made transparent to the engineering team through regular team meetings.
Holds team and individuals accountable for engineering key deliverables, including but not limited to:
- Internal company orders (WAP’s) preparation.
- Mechanical drawings, electrical drawings, approvals, general arrangements, details.
- Major Equipment Specifications.
- Bills of materials (BOM’s)
- Ship lists
- Project Drawing Log with revisions and related dates
- Sub Contract Bid Packages
- Field Installation Packages
Establishes and maintains formal engineering processes, procedures and standards including formal and controlled document releases.
Continuously seeks to standardize and simplify operating procedures and equipment designs so as to effectively control inventory and promote reduced project lead times.
Seeks to simplify and standardized products. Promotes constructability and supports a modular approach to engineering, procurement and construction efforts.
Promotes, guides and influences others towards WSI standardized products over custom products.
Co-ordinates closely with all other departments as necessary to ensure transparent line of communication.
Monitors engineering budgets and manages project within allocated amounts.
Capable of resolving issues arising from operations feedback.
Holds regular meetings with engineering group to ensure project timeline is met and issues are being resolved in ‘real’ time’.
Analyzes technology, resource needs and market demands and plans accordingly.
Reviews manpower loading based on sales forecast to ensure capacity levels are not exceeded.
Capable of producing Gantt charts to monitor project status and forecast loading for future projects.
Holds team accountable to conduct accurate field surveys at the beginning of each project.
Directs, reviews and approves system and project specific designs.
Oversees engineers work and evaluates content and correctness.
Ensure engineering team is consistent when issuing deliverables to customer and operations group
- Purchasers Layout Approval
- Utility Location Plan
Establishes engineering library for maintaining standards.
Develops and maintains engineering standards.
Trains new members of team on Wagner products/components.
Participates in continuous improvement efforts and project closure reviews. Understands lessons learnt and uses this feedback to improve engineering processes and deliverables with a goal of operational excellence with zero errors and zero re-work.
Prepares scopes of work (SOW) and bid packages.
Brings intellectual knowledge back-in-house from vendors.
Manages, monitors and controls all engineering budgets and deliverables. Prepares and provides accurate engineering status reports to management on a regular basis.
Maintains drawing log with released dates and revisions.
Uses logic and reasoning (critical thinking skills) to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Work over time as necessary to achieve project schedules and goals.
Be willing to travel to job site, customer facilities to conduct surveys as needed (10-15% travel).
Travel to Wagner’s offices in Europe as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent industry experience.
- 8+ years of progressive experience in the paint finishing industry or similar with an emphasis on Powder, Liquid or Adhesives coatings.
- Project engineering and management experience as it relates to system installations. Prefer experience working with Powder and Liquid paint delivery systems, pneumatics, and electrical hardware.
- Proven success in managing a team of system integration professionals.