Coordinator/Trainer (CNC Machining)Apply Now
The individual in this role trains department personnel and creates programs and processes for CNC machines.
- Creates programs, processes, in-process inspection methodology and set-up sheets for CNC Swiss Lathes.
- Designs and writes machine programs and ensures program accuracy; maintains program files and directories and upgrades, modifies, and trouble shoots and optimizes programs.
- Manages workload, monitors job progress and plans tooling requirements for future jobs.
- Oversees the quality of parts produced in the machining cell and assists other departments in solving or responding to quality related issues.
- Keeps informed of new and/or improved mechanical engineering technology so as to influence the direction of future project development and/or applications.
- Recommends procedures, equipment and method changes that affect quality control standards and continuous improvement.
- Inspects and deburrs parts to ensure they meet blueprint parts using proper measuring instruments.
- Implements daily and weekly maintenance programs on machine shop equipment and performs routine maintenance and cleaning of machines and workspaces.
- Provides hands-on training and shop floor support to Swiss Machine operators and ensures new and existing employees are properly oriented to established policies and procedures.
- Reviews production demands to align employees, equipment and work schedules to fulfill production requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple and complex instructions, blueprints and drawings and follow written and verbal directions.
- Ability to perform shop math, geometry and trigonometry in addition to basic mathematical computations such as to adding, subtracting, and dividing using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Knowledge of and skill using Microsoft Office applications and ERP systems.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to listen effectively and be aware of production floor activity to support safe and hazard free working environment.
- Ability to be objective and flexible in adapting to changes in priorities, work assignments and other interactions that may impact pre-established courses of action for completing projects and assignments.
- Ability to work extended hours and/or varying shifts as requested in order to maintain adequate coverage during hours of operation.
- Knowledge of Lean and Kaizan methods and practices and standard production safety protocol.
- Ability to initiate, coordinate, and enforce operational and personnel policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance standards and manufacturing processes, tool and fixture design, time standards and machine center capabilities.
- Ability to program, set-up and operate Tsugami Swiss SNC machines and the ability to operate CNC Swiss precision lathes such as Star SR20, Tsugami BU38, and Puma 30MS.