Class B Tool/Mold Maker MachinistApply Now
The individual in this role sets up, adjusts and operates a variety of machinery, estimates costs and time for each job, and determines in-house capabilities for designing and constructing traditional or replacement tools and fixtures.
- Designs and constructs tool jigs, fixtures and models for replacement or alters existing products for testing, evaluation and demonstration.
- Fabricates and maintains carbide press tooling.
- Works directly with Research & Development Engineers to fabricate new design concepts per specification drawings.
- Supports Manufacturing Engineer (ME) to build fixtures for assembly line using both verbal and documented designs.
- Supports Quality Department in building non-standard inspection gauges using both verbal and documented designs.
- Supports assembly of finished products (i.e. finished goods) by rectifying non-conforming parts, as needed.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area by following clean-up and housekeeping procedures and observing all prescribed safety regulations.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Two year technical education preferred
- One to three years of skilled trades training in machine tool operations (equivalent to a two year technical education)
- Five years of related experience